Wednesday, May 10, 2006

ARTICLE: The Phantom Stranger Guest Stars in Justice League Adventures Issue 31!

[Article for Toon Zone News: 2nd March 2003]

Justice League Adventures #31, which is scheduled to be released in early May, will guest star The Phantom Stranger. It's an issue Justice League penciller Chris Jones is very excited about.

"Justice League Adventures #31 is a very special issue for me, in that it gave me a chance to work on the Phantom Stranger," explained Chris in a recent correspondence with Toon Zone. "I've always liked the character, and years ago I did samples in the WB Animation style that included designs for an animated Phantom Stranger.
Those samples were seen by Dan Raspler and ended up helping me get my first work for DC Comics doing fill in issues of Raspler's Young Heroes in Love.

"A few years later, when I had started doing issues of Justice League Adventures, I mentioned a number of times to editor Steve Wacker that if he ever got a script for a Phantom Stranger story, I wanted it. Finally, Steve paired me up with writer Josh Siegal and had us concoct a Phantom Stranger story for the book. Josh and I talked about what we liked about the character and stories he'd appeared in, and Josh did a fantastic job of creating a new story that contained a lot of those elements. It was a lot of fun to draw and is one of my favorite things I've done for DC Comics."

Justice League Adventures #31 will be released in May. This week sees the release of Justice League Adventures #29, written by Matt Howarth, with art by Aluir Amancio and Rob Leigh, and a cover by John Delaney and Leigh.

No comments: